2014/08/23

Song of Blades and Heroes: Prehistoric War


I recently discovered SoBH. I'm a Two Hour Wargames fan but SoBH is a very cool game too. So I prepared two quick games to play with my buddies: Seb & François.


Game 1. Two clans are fighting for food...

Spear clan (right) against Axe & Club clan (left).



and the winner is… Spear clan.



Game 2. Fighting for women

The Red Hand Clan is looking for women. Tounga and his tribe (Stone Moon Clan) have to fight their way to liberty. The Red Hand warriors aren't ready to let the women get away…




The Stone Moon clan is at the right edge.




The women are safe for the moment.

 



Warriors of the Red Hand clan are approaching.



Fight!!!


 The women are attempting to flee.





Only one woman (out of three) managed to flee… Most of Stone Moon clan warriors are dead or wounded.

---

Figures by Copplestone Casting. I played with them my Flint and Furs games: here
A review about huts: here

If you want a complete battle report in french go here.

10 comments:

  1. Very interesting, the combat look like a bite lineal... two lines of cavemen fighting... it was so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read you again. Very nice terrain and minis though SOBH has never been my cup to tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Slorm Chaplain: The combat was lineal because of rules about groups. So definitely not very prehistoric… But it was our first game so we played it by the book. I think with little modifications you can have "real" prehistoric fight.

    @ blacksmith Thanks. I don't have much time to play with minis and when it's the case it's pure pleasure… ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kobayachimaru, I think that using the group movement without contacting stands and creating a REAL system for wounding the dinosaurs or big mammals SBH could be very useful for gaming Prehistoric games... In addition creating rules for fire for scaring the animals... for example, if you light fire, the burning area causes terror into the animals...
    Theses are only ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They looked like great fun games. I love the dinosaur caracas, may I ask where it is from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Michael: most of my dinosaurs (http://chroniquesdufortbastiani.blogspot.fr/search/label/Dinosaurs) including this one are from Papo (http://www.papo-france.com/fr/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the link, I've managed to find a supplier here in the UK and ordered myself some.

      Delete
  7. Nice report.
    SOBH (and it's variants) is a good set of skirmish rules.
    continuez les amis
    Frenchy Eric

    ReplyDelete